Master of Biomedical Engineering
Access and Admission
Eligible entrance qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelor degree in biomedical engineering. Bachelor's or Master's degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics and automation engineering, industrial technologies engineering, computer engineering and telecommunications technologies and services engineering (or equivalent).
- Second-cycle degrees in Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Telecommunications Engineering.
- Degrees in Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Biotechnology and Chemical Sciences are also suitable entrance qualifications.
- Degrees equivalent to the above issued by higher institutions of the EEES.
Students with degrees in Technical Industrial Engineering, Technical Engineering in Computer Management and Technical Telecommunications Engineering may also be admitted to the Master's programme, however they should be enroled in complementary subjects decided by the Master's Programme Academic Committee.
If you meet the following requirements, you can apply for admission to the official University of Zaragoza Masters Courses:
(a) Entry requirements:
- Be in possession of an official Spanish university degree or another issued by a higher education institution belonging to another member state of the European Higher Education Area (hereinafter EHEA), or be in possession of a recognised foreign degree that entitles access to Master's studies.
- Holding a foreign higher education degree that has not been recognised by a country outside the EHEA (only for non-qualifying university master's degrees). In this case, the application must follow the procedure established by the Postgraduate Studies Commission of the University of Zaragoza, which must verify that it is a degree whose level of education is equivalent to the official Spanish university degrees and in the country of issue allows access to postgraduate studies.
In order to proceed with the study of the aforementioned documents and the verification of the equivalence between the foreign qualification and the corresponding Spanish qualification, a fee must be paid, which is set out in the Public Price Order.
Any request for access that does not meet these requirements will not be processed.
- Have completed a partial doctorate in accordance with Royal Decree 778/1998 or previous regulations. They must apply to the centre responsible for the University Master's degree for the recognition of the credits corresponding to the courses and research carried out.
- The students who are pursuing Bachelor's studies in the Spanish University System (SUE), as well as foreign students (both from the EHEA and outside it) who are in the process of completing their university studies and, therefore, do not meet the academic admission requirements in the application phases I, II, and III, may apply for conditional admission provided that, in the academic year preceding the start of the master's program, they are enrolled in all the necessary credits for the completion of their Bachelor's studies (or equivalent) and can demonstrate the fulfillment of the academic requirements at the time of enrollment in July and/or September, provided that there are available vacancies. The students who are pursuing Bachelor's studies in the Spanish University System (SUE), as well as foreign students (both from the EHEA and outside it) who are in the process of completing their university studies and, therefore, do not meet the academic admission requirements in the application phases I, II, and III, may apply for conditional admission provided that, in the academic year preceding the start of the master's program, they are enrolled in all the necessary credits for the completion of their Bachelor's studies (or equivalent) and can demonstrate the fulfillment of the academic requirements at the time of enrollment in July and/or September, provided that there are available vacancies.
b) Language requirements
- Those students wishing to enroll in a master's program offered in Spanish at the University of Zaragoza and whose native language is not Spanish, they must demonstrate a sufficient level of proficiency in the Spanish language to enable effective participation in the courses.
- English language proficiency level at B1
Para acceder al máster se debe realizar una preinscripción en una de las tres fases de admisión: https://academico.unizar.es/grado-y-master-master/acceso-y-admision/fechas-relevantes
The application should preferably be submitted online by filling in the form, uploading the necessary documents to the platform and following the instructions at
http://www.unizar.es → Secretaría virtual → Solicitud de admisión por internet
If it is not possible to do this online, it must be done at the secretariat of the university centre responsible for the official Master's programme, by submitting the admission application form and the corresponding documentation.
Allocation of places
Places will be allocated at the centre on the basis of the academic documentation provided by the applicant.
Las listas se publican en el tablón oficial de la Universidad de Zaragoza [sede.unizar.es].
Each master's degree will be published:
- A list of those admitted, not admitted (as indicated in the annual call for applications).
- A waiting list(if applicable), ranked in order of priority.
This publication is considered as official notification for the interested parties, but will not generate definitive effects in favour of them if the University appreciates incorrectness in the same, in which case it will proceed to its modification.
A complaint against non-admission may be lodged with the Rector within seven working days of publication.
Students who obtain a place in each phase must carry out the following procedures:
Exceptionally, this may be done by presenting the standard form at the secretariats of the Centres responsible for the management of the program.
More Info (deadlines, prices, etc)